IT Suites & Cyber Cafes
Many churches wish to set up cyber cafes and IT suites within their church buildings.
Before you set up a suite it is advisable to contact your insurance provider to ensure that you have adequate cover for the equipment. Your insurer may also apply some conditions to your policy.
If you have a computer suite it is advisable to consider some of the points below
- Before setting up a computer suite it is advisable to carry out a full risk assessment to identify any risks.
- To prevent theft it is advisable to install a suitable alarm system. This should be NACOSS or equivalent (with police response) and Redcare signalling. If this is a new system then a dual signalling system may be required by the local police force.
- When setting up the suite it is important to ensure that you have enough plugs sockets and that you do not exceed capacity. For more information please visit the electrical installations page.
- It is important to restrict ‘inappropriate’ sites, and have enough supervision in the suite to spot any misuse by operators.
- Ensure that all the computers are secure – please visit the data security page for more information.